The stitching and materials on this jacket are consistent with those of the period. I do believe this is authentic.
- Fact 1: West Point was originally established as a fort, but was recommissioned as a military academy in 1802.
- Fact 2: West Point's first commanding officer was Benedict Arnold, who committed treason by attempting to sell the fort to the British during the Revolutionary War.
- Fact 3: This jacket was owned by Lt. General Oscar Griswold, who was the highest ranked enlisted man during World War II who hailed from the state of Nevada.
- Fact 4: Lt. General Griswold's commendations included the Silver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Bronze Star, Air Medal, and Purple Heart.
- Fact 5: West Point was the first American college to have class rings.