Usually these have thumbtack holes or tape marks from being placed on display, but this seems to be in pristine shape. Someone kept this away from the elements and held on to its value.
- Fact 1: Norman Rockwell was among the artists who designed war bond posters.
- Fact 2: FDR purchased the first WWII war bond in 1941.
- Fact 3: By the end of WWII, more than $185 billion in bonds were sold.
- Fact 4: Before Pearl Harbor, the United States prepared for war by selling "defense bonds." After Pearl Harbor the name was changed to "war bonds."
- Fact 5: Peter Odegard, a political scientist specializing in propaganda, helped the government outline the goals and specifics of the bond program.