The wood is in fine shape, as is the paint. The action on the wheel is smooth, too. Definitely authentic, you can tell from the aging on the lettering.
- Fact 1: The sum of all the numbers on a standard roulette wheel is 666.
- Fact 2: Roulette was originally developed in France, and spread across the United States via New Orleans and the Mississippi river.
- Fact 3: The 0 and 00 spaces on a roulette wheel are house spaces; if the ball lands here, all bets on the table go to the house except bets on these spaces.
- Fact 4: People have tried wearing computers in shoes and scanning the wheel with a phone to exploit and predict the action of a roulette table.
- Fact 5: Some believe that roulette was invented by Blaise Pascal, who also invented the first mechanical calculator.