Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Military lighters are huge with collectors, and one from a top-secret project is going to be even bigger.
- Fact 1: This lighter was given to members of Joint Task Force Seven, a top-secret group tasked with creating propaganda films for the US in the 1950s.
- Fact 2: The first mechanical lighters were modified flintstock weapons, and used gunpowder caps to set off lamp oil or similar fuels.
- Fact 3: The modern lighter developed in the early 20th century with the discovery of ferrocerium, the sparking material used in igniters.
- Fact 4: Military lighters first arose in the trenches of WWI, where a larger, visible flame could draw gunfire. They are now standard equipment.
- Fact 5: Modern lighters use a ferrocerium wheel or piezoelectric spark to light butane fuel dran up through a fabric wick.