It's not in great shape, but we are talking about an object that just cannot be found anymore. The weight is certainly that of steel, and these etchings on the outer edge indicate authenticity.
- Fact 1: This object is an example of the first collectible Superman ring.
- Fact 2: This ring is made out of steel, which is only fitting for the Man of Steel.
- Fact 3: Superman first appeared in "Action Comics" Issue No. 1 in 1938.
- Fact 4: "Action Comics" Issue No. 1 cost ten cents when it was first printed.
- Fact 5: When Superman became famous the original artist, Joe Shuster, began losing his eyesight. A studio formed, but Shuster insisted on doing the face of every Superman drawing himself.