"Spuds Mackenzie was an overnight hit for Budweiser, and beer companies have been trying to copy that success ever since. Expect $65."
- Fact 1: Spuds MacKenzie, who first appeared in a 1987 Super Bowl commercial, was the primary advertising mascot of Bud Light beer for two years.
- Fact 2: Public allegations that Anheuser-Busch had aimed Spuds MacKenzie ads at children led the company to retire the character in 1989.
- Fact 3: The dog who played Spuds MacKenzie was a bull terrier named Honey Tree Evil Eye, who died in 1993 of kidney failure at the age of 10.
- Fact 4: Spuds MacKenzie was a massively successful character for Anheuser-Busch, who also sold MacKenzie toys and t-shirts.
- Fact 5: A Christmas 1987 ad campaign featuring Spuds MacKenzie dressed as Santa Claus sparked lawsuits in Ohio, where advertisements featuring Santa were banned on the grounds that they were aimed at children.