Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Spuds Mackenzie was an overnight hit for Budweiser, and beer companies have been trying to copy that success ever since. Expect $65."
- Fact 1: Spuds MacKenzie, who first appeared in a 1987 Super Bowl commercial, was the primary advertising mascot of Bud Light beer for two years.
- Fact 2: Public allegations that Anheuser-Busch had aimed Spuds MacKenzie ads at children led the company to retire the character in 1989.
- Fact 3: The dog who played Spuds MacKenzie was a bull terrier named Honey Tree Evil Eye, who died in 1993 of kidney failure at the age of 10.
- Fact 4: Spuds MacKenzie was a massively successful character for Anheuser-Busch, who also sold MacKenzie toys and t-shirts.
- Fact 5: A Christmas 1987 ad campaign featuring Spuds MacKenzie dressed as Santa Claus sparked lawsuits in Ohio, where advertisements featuring Santa were banned on the grounds that they were aimed at children.