It's not a complete bombsight, but even pieces of this equipment can find a home in the right collector's library. It's definitely authentic.
- Fact 1: The Sperry Corporation was a major manufacturer of electronics and equipment throughout the 20th century, which still persists today.
- Fact 2: This stabilizer is part of a device called a Norden Bombsight, which assisted bombers in WW2 in calculating acurate drop times for surface bombs.
- Fact 3: Bombers using the Norden Bombsight were usually able to achieve accuracy within 75m, an astonishingly high number for the era.
- Fact 4: The Norden Bombsight was the first truly automatic bombsight, which incorporated a sighting telescope, gyroscope, and mechanical calculators to give the bombardiers accurate timing windows to drop their bombs.
- Fact 5: Ownership of the Sperry Corporation was shuffled around in the 1980s and 90s, with most of the venerable Gyroscope division eventually being incorporated into Lockheed Martin.