These art-inspired bills are quite rare, and you've got some really great example in these. I've seen similar ones auctioned at around 11000.
- Fact 1: Silver Certificates were produced in response to agitation by citizens who were angered by the Federal embrace of the gold standard.
- Fact 2: All redemption of Silver Certificates for Silver Dollars ceased on June 24, 1968.
- Fact 3: Though obsolete, these certificates remain legal tender to this day.
- Fact 4: Secretary of the Treasury C. Douglas Dillon halted the redemption of Silver Certificates for Silver Dollars in 1964.
- Fact 5: Silver Certificates were printed all the way up to 1953, and these modern certificates bear a striking resemblance to Federal Reserve Notes (normal bills) of that time.