Right there at the gumline is the telltale sign of stress… Looks real to me. The collection is probably worth 1000.
- Fact 1: The oldest known shark teeth are 409 million years old.
- Fact 2: Sharks continually shed their teeth; some losing up to 35,000 teeth in a lifetime.
- Fact 3: Pliny the Elder claimed that shark teeth dropped from the sky during lunar eclipses.
- Fact 4: During the Renaissance, it was believed that shark teeth were the petrified tongues of dragons and snakes and were therefore used to treat certain bites.
- Fact 5: Different sharks have different diets, and different diets necessitate different teeth. Some shark teeth are flat, and some are pointy and serrated.