Some of the highest rollers in old school Vegas might have used these chips. They're real and you could take them down to cash them out right now if you wanted to.
- Fact 1: Known as a plaque, this style of gaming token originated in Europe and is primarily used for Baccarat and other high-stakes games.
- Fact 2: Plaques come in different sizes for different denominations, which makes adding up a stack of plaques easier than a stack of chips.
- Fact 3: The Sahara is one of the oldest casinos in Las Vegas, being the sixth resort ever to be opened on the Strip.
- Fact 4: The Sahara is one of the casinos robbed in the 1960's version of "Ocean's Eleven", which starred Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Fact 5: The Sahara officially closed its doors on May 16, 2011, after 59 years on the Las Vegas strip.