It's extremely rare to see this many buttons in a single collection. Some of these are pristine. Quite a treasure you have!
- Fact 1: Political buttons date back to George Washington. At his inauguration, he and his supporters wore a button that said "G.W. - Long Live the President."
- Fact 2: Buttons were first widely used in campaigning during the 1896 campaign between William McKinley and William Jennings Bryan.
- Fact 3: The first US patent for a campaign button was filed in 1889 by Leon Winterdorf and August Reymond.
- Fact 4: In 2004, a Taft/Sherman campaign button from 1908 sold on eBay for $9,200.
- Fact 5: The "Golden Age" of campaign buttons was from 1896-1916.