This item can be restored. Please see Personal Robot/Restoration
The space-age idea of a robot in every house hasn't happened yet, but people keep trying. This is a cool piece, and a good buy.
- Fact 1: Technically, a robot is any machine capable of performing tasks automatically, though the definition is heavily contested today.
- Fact 2: The word "robot" first appeared in Kerel Capek's 1920 play "Rossum's Universal Robots", which featured mistreated mechanical workers.
- Fact 3: The earliest humanoid robots were built in 3rd-century China as toys and entertainment for royalty.
- Fact 4: Today, worker robots are increasingly used in situations undesirable or dangerous to humans,including space exploration, fire fighting, and combat.
- Fact 5: During the late 20th century, robots became efficient and effective military fighters. Today, more than 20,000 robots have seen combat.