"Nothing fancy here, but it seems to be authentic and it seems to work. Not very valuable, but it's not fake if that's what you're asking."
- Fact 1: Penguin is a manufacturer of refillable cigarette lighters, flashlights, and other novelties.
- Fact 2: Cigarette lighters were originally refillable with lighter fluids, but that original design has been largely replaced by disposable lighters.
- Fact 3: Penguin manufactures branded lighters for cigarette companies such as Camel and Marlboro, as well as novelty lighters like this gun-shaped one.
- Fact 4: The modern lighter was made possible by the invention of ferrocerium, which produces a large spark when lit to ignite the lighter fluid.
- Fact 5: The original lighter fluid of choice was naphtha, but was eventually replaced by butane because of a reduction in odor and a more controllable flame.