"Well, it's definitely real. The equipment, I mean. I'm not qualified to tell you whether ghosts are real."
- Fact 1: In most cultures, ghosts are traditionally the spirits of dead people who haunt specific locations, objects or people from their lives.
- Fact 2: A rather puzzling 2005 Gallup survey found that 37 percent of Americans believe in haunted houses, but only 32 percent believe in ghosts.
- Fact 3: Paranormal researchers rely on the supposed electromagnetic interference caused by ghosts, and use a variety of elctromagnetically-sensitive devices to find them.
- Fact 4: The Electronic Voice Phenomenon, or EVP, is the supposed appearance of human language in otherwise random electronic static; ghost hunters often seek out EVP in audio recordings.
- Fact 5: Ghost hunting and paranormal tourism have exploded in popularity in recent years; countless television shows have appeared, and ghost tour operators reported a doubling of their business between 2006 and 2008.