"It's a real Picasso, but nothing spectacular. I'd say it's worth about $1,500."
- Fact 1: Picasso married ballerina Olga Khokhlova in 1918; despite his numerous affairs, the two never officially divorced until her death in 1955.
- Fact 2: Picasso stayed in Paris during the Nazi occupation during WWII, continuing to sculpt in secret and acquiring smuggled bronze from the French Resistance.
- Fact 3: Picasso was a notorious womanizer, and fathered four children by three women; he eventually settled down with his second wife, Jacqueline Roque, at age 78.
- Fact 4: A fervent pacifist, Picasso remained outspoken against the wars in Europe; he joined the Communist Party in 1944, and recieved both the Stalin and Lenin Peace Prizes.
- Fact 5: Picasso died of natural causes in 1973, at the age of 91. His final words, told to the dinner party he was hosting, were "Drink to me, drink to my health, you know I can't drink any more.