This thing is definitely the right age, and has seen use. Look at those notches along the edge. 500 would be a fair price.
- Fact 1: This type of dagger is called a "Kinjo"
- Fact 2: The Ottoman army was once among the most advanced fighting forces in the world, and was one of the first to use muskets and cannons.
- Fact 3: The Ottoman Empire was officially reorganized as the Republic of Turkey in 1923.
- Fact 4: The Ottoman military philosophy favored speed and mobility over heavy arms and armor.
- Fact 5: The blades used by the Ottomans were narrow at the hilt but flared at the edges. This flare, called a "yelman", greatly enhanced the cutting power of the blade.