D-Day is the most famous battle of World War II, and anything connected to it will sell.
- Fact 1: The beaches of Normandy, France were invaded by Allied forces as part of Operation Overlord on June 6th, 1944, now known as D-Day.
- Fact 2: Normandy's proximity to the German border and its location on the English Channel made it a key position in the European front of WWII.
- Fact 3: This book was created after the invasion as a commemorative piece, and includes maps and reports from military documents.
- Fact 4: More than 130,000 troops landed at Normandy on D-Day; within a month, more than a million soldiers had entered Europe from the beach.
- Fact 5: Communications and logistical problems on both sides of the battle led to massive casualties. An estimated 230,000 men died over the course of the invasion.