Statues like this are controversial due to the strained relations between the Native American nation and the rest of the country at large, but collectors still pay top dollar. This is a well taken care of, high quality piece.
- Fact 1: Native Americans introduced the smoking of tobacco to European settlers, who then brought it over the Atlantic back to Europe.
- Fact 2: Early forms of tobacco were very harsh, and could only be smoked in pipes for a short amount of time.
- Fact 3: Native Americans smoked tobacco during religious ceremonies, or to seal a deal during trading.
- Fact 4: Even Native American children smoked tobacco.
- Fact 5: Native Americans believed that exhaling tobacco smoke carried the smoker’s thoughts and prayers to heaven.