These portraits are definitely unique, you've got them both in good condition. I'd value them at 300.
- Fact 1: Napoleon first married Josephine de Beauharnais in 1796.
- Fact 2: Josephine had been imprisoned and her first husband was executed during the French Revolution.
- Fact 3: Napoleon ultimately chose to divorce Josephine so he could remarry in search of an heir.
- Fact 4: It is said that Josephine could not have children due to the stress of her imprisonment during the Reign of Terror.
- Fact 5: Prior to meeting Napoleon, Josephine had gone by "Rose." Apparently Napoleon disliked the name. Rose and adopted "Josephine" thereafter.