"Willie Mosconi was a superstar pool player in his day. Collectors would kill for some of this stuff."
- Fact 1: Willie Mosconi, born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1913, was a legendary pool player, winning 15 World Straight Pool Championships in just 16 years.
- Fact 2: Marconi grew up living above a pool hall owned by his father. Despite his father's Vaudeville wishes, Mosconi quickly proved himself a billiards prodigy.
- Fact 3: In 1919, a six-year-old Mosconi played an exhibition match against reigning world-champion billiards player Ralph Greenleaf. He lost, but began a lifelong professional career in the sport.
- Fact 4: Mosconi made a living as a local professional pool player until 1933, when the Brunswick company hired him for a nationwide promotional tour with world champion Ralph Greenleaf.
- Fact 5: Mosconi still holds the record for the longest consecutive run of billiards, pocketing 526 straight balls without missing.