Lincoln memorabilia is the holy grail for presidential collectors, and this is a rare example. Someone will love this.
- Fact 1: Lincoln's tomb is part of a larger memorial complex in Oak Ridge Cemetery, located in Springfield, Illinois.
- Fact 2: Construction of the tomb began in 1868 and completed in 1874, though the monument has seen several revisions over the years to prevent vandalism.
- Fact 3: On July 3, 1876, two men from Chicago attempted to steal Lincoln's body and hold it for ransom. The plan was thwarted by the Secret Service.
- Fact 4: The memorial's interior contains marble from Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, and the states of Arkansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, and Utah.
- Fact 5: Lincoln's tomb was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1960, one of the first locations to be listed as such.