Toys made of tin, especially toys from the early 1900s, are pretty popular among collectors. Louis Armstrong has a great following and still enjoys popularity today, so this is a great piece.
- Fact 1: Louis Armstrong was a jazz trumpeter who came to fame in the 1920s and 30s for his trumpet, scat, and singing skills.
- Fact 2: Louis Armstrong's nickname, Satchmo, may possibly refer to Armstrong dancing for pennies as a youth and sticking them into his "satchel mouth."
- Fact 3: Louis Armstrong was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990, 19 years after his death, as an "early influence" on Rock and Roll.
- Fact 4: Louis Armstrong's incredible skills as a trumpeter, vocalist, and scat vocalist helped shift the focus of jazz from collective improvisation to solo performance.
- Fact 5: Louis Armstrong loved food, and would often sign his letters "Red beans and ricely yours," an homage to the Creole cuisine of his home town of New Orleans.