Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are hard to come by, and many a replica has been created. When dealing with events of this historical importance it is good to be sure. The bill looks right, you have yourself a very valuable artifact.
- Fact 1: Souvenir reprints of the playbill sold for $.10 after Lincoln's death.
- Fact 2: John Wilkes Booth's assassination of Lincoln coincided with a joke in Act III of the play "Our American Cousin" at Ford's Theatre in Washington, D.C.
- Fact 3: Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865, Good Friday.
- Fact 4: John Wilkes Booth's assassination of Abraham Lincoln was part of a larger conspiracy, intended to rally the remaining confederate troops into fighting.
- Fact 5: John Wilkes Booth's last words were "useless, useless" which he exclaimed while looking at his hands after being shot by a Union soldier.