These aren't the most amazing pieces, but they're from two of the biggest and best-known battleships in World War II. Definitely a good buy.
- Fact 1: US Navy liberty passes are given to sailors for short periods of off-duty activity, such as shore leave.
- Fact 2: The USS Arizona, a super-dreadnought battleship built during WWI, suffered heavy bombing damage in the Pearl Harbor attack.
- Fact 3: The wreck of the Arizona is now marked by the USS Arizona Memorial, commemorating the deaths of 1,117 sailors aboard.
- Fact 4: The USS Mississippi, launched in the closing days of WWI, served extensively in the Pacific in WWII and later as a weapons-testing platform.
- Fact 5: Despite suffering two kamikaze impacts, the USS Mississippi went on to fire the final salvo of battleship-to-ship combat in history.