Three letters by three Kennedys all to the same person? That’s a treasure. These might hit 7000 at auction.
- Fact 1: John, Robert, and Edward Kennedy have all been U.S. senators.
- Fact 2: Autopen was a machine used to duplicate signatures which became popular in the 40s.
- Fact 3: After World War II, Kennedy considered becoming a journalist before ultimately deciding to run for political office.
- Fact 4: Until 2011, a Kennedy had held elective office every year since 1947; a 64 year run.
- Fact 5: While Kennedy was the youngest person to be elected to office at 43, Theodore Roosevelt was younger, at 42, when he assumed office after William McKinley's assassination.