"This is an amazing piece, and with the documantation you'll be able to get $300,000 for it."
- Fact 1: This cigar box sat on the White House desk of John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States.
- Fact 2: Cigar boxes are often made from Spanish cedar, eucalyptus, or poplar, woods shose natural odors enhance the smell of cigars.
- Fact 3: Due to the longtime luxury status of cigars, cigar boxes and labels have become objects of art; cigar art is often highly prized and collectible.
- Fact 4: Most U.S. presidents have been smokers. Kennedy, aware of the increasingly negative public image of smoking, kept his habit secret, and most subsequent presidents have quit either before or during their term.
- Fact 5: Smoking has been banned in the White House since 1993, a rule established by Hillary Clinton to curb Bill Clinton's notoriously heavy cigar habit.