This helm looks to be authentic and in decent condition, I'd price it somewhere around 17000.
- Fact 1: While normal combat helms were relatively light, jousting helmets were heavy duty, weighing up to 12 pounds.
- Fact 2: Knights could only see out of jousting visors if tilted forward in the saddle. The eyes were completely protected if the rider straightened up before impact.
- Fact 3: French King Henry II died during a joust, when an opponent's lance went through his visor and shattered.
- Fact 4: Jousting's popularity waned by the early 17th century, when it was replaced by shows of equine skill that were less martial in nature.
- Fact 5: Jousting is the official sport of the state of Maryland.