Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I had no idea this even happened. This is a really cool piece of American history that hardly anyone knows about.
- Fact 1: These photos document the Akutan Island, Alaska crash of the first intact Zero captured by American forces.
- Fact 2: On June 4, 1942, Petty Officer Tadayashi Koga was shot down during a raid on Dutch Harbor, dying on impact. His plane survived.
- Fact 3: The Mitsubishi A6M Rei-sen fighter, dubbed "Zero" by Allied forces, was the most effective fighter of early WWII, with a kill ratio of 12 to 1.
- Fact 4: Near the end of WWII, aging Zeros were employed in Kamikaze suicide attacks on Allied forces in the Pacific.
- Fact 5: These photos document the Akutan Island, Alaskan crash of the first intact Zero captured by American forces.