A real Harry Houdini straightjacket is practically priceless. One of these has never gone on sale. Simply one of a kind. Astounding!
- Fact 1: Harry Houdini was born Erik Weisz in Budapest, Hungary on March 4th, 1874. In 1918 he register for selected service as Harry Handcuff Houdini.
- Fact 2: Harry Houdini died from appendicitis after taking three blows to the stomach, a feat he claimed he could survive.
- Fact 3: Straightjackets have historically been used to restrain those with violent mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, depression, and anxiety disorders.
- Fact 4: Houdini would often perform his escapes in front of local newspapers, in order to draw attention to his upcoming stage shows.
- Fact 5: Harry Houdini was a world famous magician and escape artist. He first performed straitjacket escape in 1899.