The chestnut ink and clear lines of this signature tell me it's real, and I'd say you can get $300 for it.
- Fact 1: Stephen Grover Cleveland, born March 18, 1837, was the 22nd and 24th President of the United States; he remains the only president to serve nonconsecutive terms.
- Fact 2: Cleveland, a Democrat, was a model fiscal conservative and politcal reformer; his performance was so strong, in fact, that the reform wing of the Republicans left their party to join him in 1884.'
- Fact 3: Cleveland was notoriously stubborn, and his refusal to budge on issues drew widespread criticism. His use of federal troops in ending the Pullman Strike and keeping railroads moving lost him union support nationwide.
- Fact 4: Cleveland was a staunch supporter of Native American rights, passing legislation to distribute tribal land to individuals and even ordering white settlers out of disputed land.
- Fact 5: Cleveland entered the presidency as a bachelor, and on June 2, 1886 became the first and only president to have a wedding in the White House.