Mandolins are very popular in bluegrass and folk music, and good, antique instruments are hard to find. This should prove really popular among collectors and professional musicians.
- Fact 1: The mandolin evolved from the traditional lute in the 17th and 18th centuries in France and Italy.
- Fact 2: Mandolins are most commonly used today in folk, bluegrass, and celtic music.
- Fact 3: Orville Gibson started making guitars in Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1894, and established the Gibson Guitar Corporation in 1902.
- Fact 4: Gibson applied traditional violin techniques and innovative new technologies to guitars, revolutionizing the instrument in the early 20th century.
- Fact 5: Classic Gibson instruments are highly sought after, and counterfeit Gibsons have become increasingly common.