Cost to complete early: 40 candies
- Fact 1: Las Vegas was founded in 1905, and grew explosively through the 20th century; it is the most populous American city founded in the 20th century.
- Fact 2: Las Vegas's location made it a popular railroad hub in the early 20th century, supplying the rest of the country with precious metals.
- Fact 3: Speakeasies sprang up in Las Vegas in the 1920s, and with them came connections to eastern organized crime, setting the stage for the casino boom of the 1930s.
- Fact 4: Las Vegas' signature lights are powered by the nearby Hoover Dam, construction of which helped spur the local hotel industry.
- Fact 5: As the power of organized crime dwindled in the 1950s and '60s, wealthy entrepeneurs began buying hotels and casinos, creating the modern incarnation of Las Vegas.