Let's see here, Foxhole Lighters were perfect for military use as the smoldering rope would not produce a large open flame, though this doesn't appear to be military grade. It's genuine but not worth all that much.
- Fact 1: Foxhole Lighters were the first lighters made out of converted flintlock pistols.
- Fact 2: The automatic gas lighter was invented in the early 1900s.
- Fact 3: Bic is currently the top manufacturer of lighters, selling more than one billion per year.
- Fact 4: The purpose of a foxhole lighter is to produce flame with minimal amounts of spark in order to avoid the attention of snipers.
- Fact 5: Foxhole Lighters were manufactured by a variety of companies, including IMCO, who also made novelty lighters out of spent ammunition shells after the war.