This piece is hand blown and it’s a quite beautiful example of a pretty rare bottle. It might be worth 50.
- Fact 1: Early glass bottles were produced by the Phoenicians, usually to store perfumes.
- Fact 2: Distilled alcoholic beverages were first produced around 800 BC.
- Fact 3: The word "Whiskey" is derived from "uisge beatha," Gaelic for "water of life"
- Fact 4: The Irish recorded the first historical whiskey overdose in the "Annals of Clonmacnoise" in 1405.
- Fact 5: Color is very important to antique glass collectors. Some ingredients used to induce color in antique glass include arsenic, bones, antimony, silver, zaffer, and even uranium.