Fold-over notes are very common. They're one of the most popular types of error notes. But such a dramatic fold-overs are very rare, and to find one uncirculated in this kind of a condition is something that collectors dream about.
- Fact 1: The study and collection of currency, including error notes, is called numismatics.
- Fact 2: Printing paper currency in the United States involves over 65 different steps, and over 3 billion notes are printed every year.
- Fact 3: One of the most sought-after error notes in recent history is a $20 with a Del Monte fruit sticker attached, with the serial number and seal printed atop the sticker. It sold for $26,000 in 2006.
- Fact 4: There are several different types of error notes, including extra/under inking, mismatched serial numbers, fold-overs, cutting errors, and obstruction errors.
- Fact 5: The rarest and most expensive error notes are double denomination errors, which feature one type of bill on the obverse and another type of bill on the reverse.