"I don't know if it actually works, but it's definitely authentic. I'd say it's worth about $100."
- Fact 1: The flax bow, or harmony bow, is a totem traditionally hung in homes to promote peace and togetherness within the family.
- Fact 2: Flax bows are usually made from birch, willow, or grapevine and a loose flax cord, with gems and beads for decoration.
- Fact 3: The wooden bow represents the roof of the home, and the strong flax is meant to hold the family together and channel their energy together through the stones.
- Fact 4: Flax bows, like dream catchers, have become a popular piece of southwestern American decor and are still made in the traditional way by Native American artists.
- Fact 5: The word totem comes from the Ojibwe "doodem", an animal or object representing a group of people.