Accordions aren't really my thing, but this one's in great shape. It'll sell for sure.
- Fact 1: First developed in Germany in the early 19th century, the accordion uses hand-pumped bellows to push air through a set of musical reeds.
- Fact 2: The distinctive sound of the accordion comes from its fixed-pitched reeds, which were first used in musical instruments in 12th-century Asia.
- Fact 3: Accordians became a staple sound in European folks music in the mid-19th century, and spread to the Americas with European immigrants.
- Fact 4: The Excelsior Company, established in New York in 1924, quickly became known for their ornate and high-quality accordions.
- Fact 5: Accordian music became popular in the US in the early 20th century and boomed after WWII, but declined in the 1960s as rock music took over.