Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Accordions aren't really my thing, but this one's in great shape. It'll sell for sure.
- Fact 1: First developed in Germany in the early 19th century, the accordion uses hand-pumped bellows to push air through a set of musical reeds.
- Fact 2: The distinctive sound of the accordion comes from its fixed-pitched reeds, which were first used in musical instruments in 12th-century Asia.
- Fact 3: Accordians became a staple sound in European folks music in the mid-19th century, and spread to the Americas with European immigrants.
- Fact 4: The Excelsior Company, established in New York in 1924, quickly became known for their ornate and high-quality accordions.
- Fact 5: Accordian music became popular in the US in the early 20th century and boomed after WWII, but declined in the 1960s as rock music took over.