It's goofy, but collectors love stuff like this. You could probably get about $2,500 for it.
- Fact 1: The first vending machine was built by Hero of Alexandria in the 1st century, and dispensed holy water in exchange for coins.
- Fact 2: Modern vending machine began in London in the 1880's with coin-operated post card dispensers and quickly spread worldwide.
- Fact 3: Mechanical birds have been featured in various forms since the early songbird automata of early China.
- Fact 4: Capsule-toy vending machines exploded in popularity in Asia in the late 20th century, with entire stores dedicated to them.
- Fact 5: Novelty vending machines appeared in the US in the mid-20th century, taking varied forms including birds, sports players, and construction equipment.