"These are some fantastic illustrations. Given the quality of these prints, I'd value it at $15,800."
- Fact 1: This Salvador Dali-illustrated edition of Alice in Wonderland was made available as part of Random House's Book of the Month Club in 1969.
- Fact 2: "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" was written by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the name Lewis Carroll in 1865.
- Fact 3: Dodgson created the story of Alice to entertain the three daughters of Robinson Duckworth while on a boat trip in 1862. Many of the characters and events in the story are based on the girls' lives.
- Fact 4: Dodgson, an Oxford mathematician by training, based many of the seemingly surreal and nonsensical events on university in-jokes and historical references.
- Fact 5: An original copy of "Alice in Wonderland" owned by Alice Liddell (the basis for the titular character) sold at auction for $115,000 in 2009.