This thing may not be the most useful weapon, but man does it look cool. Someone will definitely want this.
- Fact 1: Around 3000 BC, advances in metallurgy allowed Turkish craftsmen to make longer, heavier blades, creating the first true swords.
- Fact 2: Modern weaponry has rendered swords obsolete in battle in most of the world, but ceremonial swords like this one are still widely used.
- Fact 3: The Congo (from the Kikongo for "hunter") people are a group of tribes who have lived in central Africa since around 1000 BC.
- Fact 4: The Congo region is politically volatile, and currently split between the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire).
- Fact 5: The Congo region won independence from French and Belgian occupiers in the 1960s, and has recently been plagued by civil war and Rwandan incursions.