The paper texture is good, and it's definitely hand-cut… I'd say this is real and worth at least 150.
- Fact 1: The first note from the Confederate government was issued in April 1861.
- Fact 2: By the end of the civil war, confederate currency had badly depreciated: a bar of soap could cost as much as 50 Confederate dollars.
- Fact 3: Lincoln had a $5 Confederate note in his wallet on the day he died.
- Fact 4: Because the South had limited resources, many of the banknote designs were non-traditional, some even depicting mythical gods and goddesses.
- Fact 5: Historians suggest that while the south lacked gold and silver to back its currency, it may have had success backing its currency with cotton or tobacco.