Cost to complete early: 30 candies
- Fact 1: The Confederate States of America were formed on February 4th, 1861, after formally beginning the American Civil War with an attack on Fort Sumter in late 1860.
- Fact 2: Made up of several opposing factions vying for control, the Confederacy quickly gained support as political unrest spread through the American South.
- Fact 3: The Confederate Provisional Congress selected former US Senator Jefferson Davis as the CSA's first president on February 9, 1861.
- Fact 4: The Confederacy spanned most of the American South, reaching westward from Virginia to parts of what is now Arizona.
- Fact 5: The Confederacy collapsed in 1865 with the surrender of General Robert E. Lee at Appomattox and subsequent occupation of the South by American forces.