Well the serial numbers match and the parts look about right. It's the real deal and might fetch 4000 at auction.
- Fact 1: Designed in 1873, the Colt was the standard US military revolver from 1873-1892.
- Fact 2: The Colt went by many names: "peacemaker", "frontier", "single action army."
- Fact 3: The Colt was an example of the highest firearm technology available at the time: a practical rotating cylinder revolver.
- Fact 4: After being thought lost forever, the very first Single Action Army produced was found in a barn in New Hampshire in the early 1900s.
- Fact 5: Rapid fire with the Colt Single Action, accomplished by holding the trigger and "fanning" the hammer, is unsafe and usually displayed inaccurately in film.