The crossed swords… It's 7th Cavalry for sure. This is an impressive piece. You could definitely get 11000 for this at auction.
- Fact 1: Bugles were used for battlefield communication.
- Fact 2: Buglers memorized up to 25 separate calls.
- Fact 3: Bugling was a dangerous job usually given to the youngest soldiers.
- Fact 4: Bugles are the simplest of brass instruments, with no mechanics for alternating pitch. Most bugle calls use just five notes.
- Fact 5: The word "bugle" comes from the Latin word "buculus", meaning "castrated bull."