Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Just from the little contact marks that I can see on the edge, this was actually used. The markings are absolutely genuine, they're exactly what you want to see, so this was definitely a sword that was used in The Civil War.
- Fact 1: Cavalry were forces that fought principally on horseback, carrying projectile weapons and swords.
- Fact 2: Sabers of this type were also used in the Plains Indian Wars from the 1860s to 1880s.
- Fact 3: The Battle of Brandy Station had the largest percentage of cavalry warfare in the American Civil War.
- Fact 4: During the Civil War, the priorities of cavalry were reconnaissance, defense, pursuit, offense, and disruption, roughly in that order.
- Fact 5: The American cavalry saber was only sharpened at the tip, because the length of the blade was used for smashing arms and collarbones rather than slashing flesh.