Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Very few gatling guns were produced for the civil war, so there are very few surviving examples. I have honestly never seen one in such pristine, operable condition. This looks right out of the era! Quite an astonishing piece of history you have there.
- Fact 1: Dr. Richard J Gatling's rotary cannon was invented in 1861 as a means to end battles more quickly, protecting soldiers from field diseases.
- Fact 2: The Gatling gun's multiple barrels and hand-cranked feed allowed soldiers to fire up to 200 rounds per minute.
- Fact 3: Gatling guns are still in use today; both infantry and aircraft carry modern versions of the efficient design.
- Fact 4: The largest rotary cannon in active use is the GAU-8 Avenger carried on the A-10 Thunderbolt, which weighs 4,029 lbs fully loaded.
- Fact 5: Dr. Richard J. Gatling was a prolific inventor, and held patents for propellers, tractors, and planters in addition to his famous gun.