This item can be restored. Please see Calf Roping Machine/Restoration
Calf roping machines are used for real life ranches and also for sport roping. Either way, a cowboy has to know how to rope a calf. This one is real and in good condition.
- Fact 1: Roping machines, or "Roll-o-ropers", are designed to train beginners in the basics of roping a quickly-moving calf.
- Fact 2: The sport of calf-roping has its origins in friendly competitions between professional cowboys. It is now popular part of the competitive rodeo circuit.
- Fact 3: Calf-roping machines are often used as popular attractions at rodeos and fairs, especially in the southwestern United States.
- Fact 4: Animal-cruelty concerns have led to bans on calf-roping in several US states, and the sport has become highly regulated.
- Fact 5: The world calf-roping record of 6.3 seconds is currently held by two men: Ricky Canton of Houston, TX and Ryan Jarrett of Comanche, OK.