Well, while it definitely is not an antique, it certainly is well made. You have quality steel, good leather, real bronze. Not everything is ancient. This is a good, expensive suit of modern armor.
- Fact 1: The Roman Legion was one of the most organized and powerful armies in the ancient world, and laid the foundation for other military organizations to come.
- Fact 2: This type of armor was known as “Lorica segmentata,” or segmented plates.
- Fact 3: The plates of this armor were historically made of iron, fastened together with brass rings and attached to a leather backing.
- Fact 4: Roman soldiers were paid 225 denarii a year for their service, as well as a 3000 denarii stipend upon completion of their term.
- Fact 5: During war a legionnaire would be outfitted with armor, a sword, shield, dagger, heavy sandals, backpack, two weeks of food, waterskin, cooking equipment, stakes, a shovel, and a basket.