Bugs Bunny is one of the most recognized faces in the world. Everyone grew up watching him, and something like this signed by his creators has a lot of collector appeal.
- Fact 1: A troublesome rabbit named Happy appeared in the short "Porky's Hare Hunt" in 1938; by 1941 his design and voice had changed, and he was renamed Bugs Bunny.
- Fact 2: When director Ben "Bugs" Hardaway first requested a rabbit, Cal Dalton submitted a design labeled "Bugs' Bunny". The name stuck, and became official three years later.
- Fact 3: Mel Blanc voiced Bugs Bunny for 49 years until his death in 1989. Popular legend held that Blanc was allergic to the carrots chewed during recording, though he has denied it.
- Fact 4: In recognition of his appearences in WWII propaganda films and war bond advertisements, Bugs Bunny was named an honorary Master Sergeant by the US Marine Corps.
- Fact 5: Spanning more than 60 years, Bugs bunny has appeared in more films than any other cartoon character. A 2002 TV Guide list named him the greatest cartoon character of all time.