Check this bit of color out: it looks to be from the East German side of the Wall and therefore could fetch up to 50.
- Fact 1: The Berlin Wall began as a 96-mile barbed-wire fence in August 1961.
- Fact 2: The wall was built to separate East and West Berlin during the Cold War.
- Fact 3: The wall was so unpopular that the act of fleeing across it was given a special name: "republikfluct"
- Fact 4: On it's Eastern side, the wall was officially named the "Anti-Fascist Protection Rampart", implying that West Germany had not been fully de-Nazified.
- Fact 5: 136 people are confirmed to have died attempting to escape from East Berlin across the Berlin Wall. Some estimates put that number much higher.